Monday, June 7, 2010

2,000 Miles in Six Days


AS The West Coast portion of our trip winds down, and as we sit in 2 hours of Portland rush hour traffic in search of our hotel for Friday night, I ponder all the amazing places we've seen in the past five days: the tall, serene redwoods at Redwoods National Park, the California Coastline on HWY 1, the sweeping, epic adventure that is Big Sur, the wineries on Hwy 46 on the way to Oakhurst, the majestic and intimidating Yosemite National Park, wet and rainy Mount Shasta, and all the beautiful little unexpected stops along the way. And don't even get me started on the food! Clam chowder, REAL crabcakes, salmon jerky, the rocket fuel at dutch bros coffee, in & out burger, and of course beer beer beer beer BEER. I personally have also discovered the healing power of Denny's $2 breakfast menu, realizing that I can fill up on a plate of hash browns and biscuits and gravy for two dollars. TWO DOLLARS, people! Am I in heaven? Nope, I'm at...Denny's.

And so, we bid you adieu as we wrap up the west coast portion of the circus. Have no fear, we will be posting our adventures SOON in the new locale: Denver, Colorado! See ya'll on the flip side. --HJ

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful pictures and commentary on your epic adventure. I'm enjoying it immensely! Keep up the good work,
    have loads of fun, be safe and I'm looking forward to the next chapters of "Vagabonding"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're enjoying it, Mamabort! It's been fun for me to document this crazy trip, too! xoxo love to you and Jeff!!

    ReplyDelete